About the Builder
Westharbor Homes is committed to delivering high-quality craftsmanship and exceptional customer service. By exceptional – we mean we are here for you throughout the entire build process of your home. We understand that any remodel project or new build can be an overwhelming time for our customers. Therefore, we are here to lead your project and be the experts in creating the space you desire. When we hand you the keys to your new home or back out of the driveway of your remodel for the last time – you can be confident your home is beautifully completed and you can fully settle into your new space.
Certified Aging in Place (CAPS) Specialist
What is Aging in Place? Aging-in-place means being able to remain in one’s home safely, independently and comfortably regardless of age, income or ability level. It means the pleasure of living in a familiar environment throughout one’s maturing years and the ability to enjoy the daily rituals and the special events that enrich all our lives. It means being able to call your house a “home” for a lifetime.
Top 5 Reasons to work with a CAPS Specialist:
1. You will be working with a professional who values the importance of ongoing education and training and is willing to invest the time and money necessary to stay current on aging-in-place issues.
2. A CAPS works closely with remodelers and health professionals, such as occupational therapists, who understand the challenges of aging and can provide safe, attractive and accessible modifications to your home.
3. Your CAPS is a credible professional with a helpful network of other aging-in-place experts such as therapists, Veterans Administration officials and product suppliers who can serve as additional resources.
4. Should you ever choose to sell your modified home, your CAPS’ influence can make your home more marketable.
5. Modifying your home with a CAPS can potentially be less expensive than alternative arrangements in the future.
Graduate Master Builder
The ultimate symbol of the building professional, the GMB designation is for seasoned builders with at least 10 years of experience. GMBs must successfully complete a demanding curriculum of building industry courses.
Top Five Reasons to Hire a Graduate Master Builder (GMB)
- You will be working with a professional who values the importance of ongoing education and training and is willing to invest the time and money necessary to obtain the GMB.
- You can expect an experienced builder committed to delivering a quality product and experience.
- GMB designees must sign a professional Code of Ethics.
- Your GMB will emphasize service from every member of their team and maintain a professional attitude in every interaction.
- A GMB is required to fulfill 12 hours of continuing education every three years to maintain their designation. The GMB designation is administered by the National Association of Home Builders. Learn More